Friday, September 4, 2009

New Pictures!

I've added some photos from my trip up to the Comarca to visit another volunteer, Danny M. There are some of the general vistas (which were gorgeous!), some off Danny's house in the Comarca, and a couple of his community members. As well as one of a scorpion that I found in Danny's house. I couldn't kill it. I was afraid that it would fall of the wall and sting me. I waited for Danny to come home to do the honors.

Since you guys probably don't know, the Comarca is like a reservation in the U.S. It's where many people of the indigeneous Ngabe tribe live, and it's a semi-autonomous state. The Ngabe kids love having their photos taken, but the Ngabe smile is pretty much just a straight face, so if you see a lot of photos in the future of people that seem really unhappy, they're smiling inside. I will find out on Wednesday what my site assignment will be (or where I'll be spending the next 2 years), so I will try and update again next week. Chances are pretty good that I'll be at a Ngabe site, but you never know!

I've added my address down here during training to the column on the side. If you feel so inclined, send me a letter! There's also a photo of me smiling at all you folks back home that are reading this. I miss you all, but I'm having a blast!





No comments:

Post a Comment