Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Address/Sending Packages

Hello All!

My mom sent me a package almost 2 months ago, and I've yet to see heads or tails of it, so I'm writing a post in response to that.

If you want to send me a letter, you can send it to the address that's listed there, no problem. If you want to send something that's more package-like, follow these steps.

1. Address it to "Hermana Maureen Petersen" (It'll get here a lot faster if it's coming to "Sister Maureen Petersen". Maureen alone doesn't carry much weight. Sad, I know.)

2. Throw some crosses and "Bendiga Dios" on the front of the package to help it through.

3. Be sure to list, along with what is in the package, that "religious materials" are included. I don't know why, but it works better.

Cuerpo de Paz means Peace Corps, but it also sounds like a religious organization ("cuerpo" also means physical body, and "paz" means peace, so it's not without reason.) It helps to play that up a lot where mail is concerned. My mom did not know to do that, so that package may be a lost cause.

Okay, that's all I've got right now. I'm in Ciudad del Saber finishing up with some office stuff before swearing in TOMORROW. Crazy.

Miss you all! Hope you're all well!

3 comments:

  1. I love it... who thought that you would want packages with crosses and religious symbols all over it... wow, only a few months in Panama and you are already a nun... crazy!

    - Sarai

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, what sort of packages would you like? Rosie and I totally want to send some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly,
    I have also been keeping up with your adventure on your blog. I am enjoying the pictures and writings. I have also been given the update from emails to your Mom & Dad along with phone calls. I guess I didn't know to comment. Stay safe, everyone is great here and we miss you. Glad you are doing well Sister Molly!
    Love Ann Kochsiek

    ReplyDelete