Monday, November 9, 2009

As promised, here are a bunch of photos of my community. A couple notes on them.

1. The pigs head was dinner one night. Dalys is my home stay sister and the one modeling the head.

2. Last week was a holiday week celebrating Panama's independence from Columbia (in 1906, if you're interested). That's what all the schoolchildren marching in red, white and blue is about.

3. The pictures of the women cooking are also from the Independence Day festivities. The skirts that they're wearing are called parumas, and they're the traditional clothing of the Wounaan and the Embera tribes. The women are cooking arroz con pollo. Yum.

I think that's it. If you have any questions, post them! I'll answer, if I can!

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. i'm not gonna lie, the pig head is horrifying. i think i'm busy in february... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the guy picking up (someone who I hope is) another guy? If that isn't a guy being picked up, you seriously need to shave your legs! Just thought that picture needed an explanation. Your mom and most loyal reader.

    ReplyDelete