Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving from the land of humidity and palm trees!

Hello All!

As always, I hope everyone is healthy and well in the States. I thought that I'd give my list of things I'm thankful for down here. I'll keep it short and sweet, since I have limited time in the office to use the internet!

1. My health: Minus a broken toe and some mild digestive issues, I've been healthy down here. No malaria, no dengue, no yellow fever. Definitely thankful and grateful for that.

2. My wonderful community: My family in the community is wonderful and they're very protective and possessive of me--in a good way, though! I really like my community a lot and feel very fortunate.

3. My new and old friends: By "old" I don't old. I just mean previous. But, I'm thankful for the support and love from home and from within the country. That makes this whole experience easier, and more enjoyable. I love you all!

4. Every moment: I don't mean that in a sappy way, but it's going to come out that way. It's hard to explain, probably because this experience is so intense and unique, but I am so grateful for every single minute that I get to enjoy with people I care about, and every up and down that I have in my experience. I'm increasingly convinced that life is just supposed to be a big mess, and you have to just own the mess. I'm owning and loving my messy, beautiful life every day.

5. My family: I love all of you more every day. I know that you think I stand alone and I'm totally independent and don't need anyone, but I wouldn't be who I am, and I wouldn't feel free to do what I'm doing without you behind me. I miss you each day, and look forward to the day that we can sit down together and eat some turkey and cranberry sauce together.

That was nice and corny, wasn't it? Well, regardless, I mean all of it. I love everyone at home, and wish you the very best for Thanksgiving.

Love,

Molly

2 comments:

  1. "Why do BIRDS suddenly appear....everytime you are NEAR!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Laura, I know warm fuzzies and lovey dovey stuff makes you uncomfortable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete