Sunday, February 13, 2011

ONE BEAUTIFUL CANASTA!

I don't usually create a blog posting around one, single canasta. But, I'm bringing some home in a couple weeks when I go to my friend's wedding, and I'd like to sell all of them. These women trust me to sell their stuff, so I'd like to do so when I have the opportunity. The canasta from my two postings ago are for sale (all the smaller, tightly designed ones). Also, the bigger one's could be made for you if you'd like one (such as the little yellow bag with handle, and the larger yellow and green basket). They generally don't make those, and they tend to run cheaper since they're much easier to make, but they've been making them specially for me, so I'm sure I could get more.

But, here is the photo of the canasta that this posting is centered around. It's done by a woman named Ariseli. She's about 23, pregnant with her first child, sweet and super shy. In fact, it took her two days just to tell me how much she wanted to charge for it. She's asking $80 for it, which I don't think is unfair considering the almost flawless and delicate stitching that it demonstrates.


If you know anyone that would be interested, or if you yourself are interested, let me know. Like I said, I want to know who's interested before dragging all these baskets to California with me.


Despite my disparagement of Valentine's Day, I do want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Know that I love and appreciate all the love and support that I've received from you during this journey called Peace Corps. Enjoy your heart shaped, red velvet cake with dark chocolate frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment